Each participant of the Adult Day Care Program shall be assured of the following rights:
• To be treated as an adult, with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disabilities.
• To participate in a program of services and activities which promote positive regarding one’s usefulness and capabilities.
• To participate in a program of services designed to encourage learning, growth, and awareness of constructive ways to develop one’s interests and talents.
• To maintain one’s independence to the extent that conditions and circumstances permit, and to be involved in a program of services designed to promote personal independence.
• To be encouraged to attain self-determination within the adult day care setting. This includes the opportunity to participate in developing one’s plan for services, to decide whether to participate in any given activity and to be involved to the extent possible in program planning and operation.
• To be cared about in an atmosphere of sincere interest and concern in which needed support and services are provided.
• To have access to a telephone to make or receive calls unless necessary restrictions are indicated in the individual care plan.
• To have privacy and confidentiality .
• To be free of physical abuse.
• To be free to choose whether to perform services for the center.
• To be free of restraint, unless under physician’s order as indicated in the individual care plan.
• To be free of interference, coercion, or reprisal.